Blue Giants

gapeachy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Rome Ga
Has anybody hear of blue giants? ....i have heard of black giants but not blue.....my local feed store has 2 blue giants and I thought about buying them...they are 10 dollars a piece....I dont want to have alot of different breeds because I dont have that many pens....right now I have RIR ...dominiques...barred rocks...sexlinks....silkies...bantams...and that is alot.....

I have heard of giant cochins, and have them in Blue..... sometimes I think people call birds that are not banties Giants. when they should be called 'standards' I believe. But at the same time, my Cochins are humongous!! I think of them as Giant.

This is my Blue Jersey Giant Hen that I got from a breeder in Gettysburg. She is about 7 months old in this picture. She is definately the biggest chicken I have right now. Much bigger than the 2 Black Jersey Giants I got from a hatchery.
JerseyGiantBlue20080909_1b.jpg

I just picked up some Blue and Black Jersey chicks, and I have a mating group coming after the first of the year! We got to see all of their birds and the were jaw-droppingly gorgeous!! We also got some Black and splash Silkies, so my Christmas is almost complete!
smile.png
Now if I could find a BLRW or a Golden laced Wyandotte hen in my stocking, I'd be complete!

Katie

Back
Top Bottom