Blue Giants

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by gapeachy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    Has anybody hear of blue giants? ....i have heard of black giants but not blue.....my local feed store has 2 blue giants and I thought about buying them...they are 10 dollars a piece....I dont want to have alot of different breeds because I dont have that many pens....right now I have RIR ...dominiques...barred rocks...sexlinks....silkies...bantams...and that is alot.....

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Jersey Giants come in Black, Blue, Splash and White.

3. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    I have heard of giant cochins, and have them in Blue..... sometimes I think people call birds that are not banties Giants. when they should be called 'standards' I believe. But at the same time, my Cochins are humongous!! I think of them as Giant.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Blue Jersey Giants are very handsome. ZuniBee here raises them and sells eggs.

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    This is my Blue Jersey Giant Hen that I got from a breeder in Gettysburg. She is about 7 months old in this picture. She is definately the biggest chicken I have right now. Much bigger than the 2 Black Jersey Giants I got from a hatchery.
    [​IMG]

6. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    she is very pretty

7. I bought a Black New Jersey Giant from a breeder in, you guessed it, New Jersey. He is about 8 months old now and getting very handsom and very big. He is gentle and cuases no problems with the other roos.

8. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I just picked up some Blue and Black Jersey chicks, and I have a mating group coming after the first of the year! We got to see all of their birds and the were jaw-droppingly gorgeous!! We also got some Black and splash Silkies, so my Christmas is almost complete! [​IMG] Now if I could find a BLRW or a Golden laced Wyandotte hen in my stocking, I'd be complete!

Katie

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd love to see a pic of a Blue Giant Roo....

anyone?

10. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I'll be picking up my Blue Giant Roo after the new year.... [​IMG] I'll try for pictures then!

Katie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by