Blue Jersey Giant eggs pipping! Update: 7 out!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WyanLuv, Feb 26, 2009.

1. WyanLuv

WyanLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    ok.... I anticipated that these jersey eggs would hatch on day 21, normally i have eggs hatch on day 20. This is so weird! I just checked the humidity and glanced at them, and there it was, a pip in the egg. The humidity hasn't moved one way or the other since I set the eggs so I am wondering what is going on. And I was off a day in moving. They were supposed to have been moved yesterday and I didn't get them moved until this morning so now I am freakin out that they will stick to the eggs because they didn't have the humidity up there like it was supposed to. Either way, I have eggs a hatchin!!! The humidity days 1-18 was around 35% and now it has been stuck at 73% for the whole day. Which today is day 19 and they didn't get moved until early this morning.

Here's hoping for success!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    Good luck to you and the fuzzy ones! Keep us posted on what happens with them...

3. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Good luck with your hatch. I have jersey giants that are about 4 weeks old and got 100% hatch and they also started to pip on day 19. Here they are.

[​IMG]

4. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks Country Guy.... Now I don't feel like I have alien jersey's because they are hatching early. [​IMG]

5. Solace

Solace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    Good luck on those. I just set 30 Jersey Giant eggs in the incubator yesterday. The eggs are so big I wasn't sure if the auto turner was going to work this time.

6. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    I LOVE waking up to the sound of baby chickies cheepin away in the incubator.... [​IMG] I have one all the way out, one almost all the way zipped, and 3 more that are pipped. LOVIN IT!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Now there are TWO! both are blue...

9. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    and then there were 7!!! One more pipped and 4 on the wait. Tomorrow is day 21.

It is hard to get a good shot of them, they move so very fast. Definately don't sit still.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    I have 8!!! [​IMG] I more zipping and another pipping. That leaves two left to do something. Cuteness!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by