blue kote and a newbie

mudhen

confidently clueless
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Shepherdstown, WV
THis is a story for all newbies out there ( and for you wise, experinced folks...a good laugh! ).

Last night I go say good night to the 2 week old chicks. See three with bloody tails
ep.gif
. Oh no, someone is misbehaving.
Quickly I spy the culprit and thanks to all the information I have read here I know why and just what to do.
I am confident! No need to panic and post, think I, get the Blue Kote, clean and treat the wounds.
First I begin by taking care of the possible causes:
raise the heat lamp to reduce the temp, set up a second brooder to house the injured peeps and reduce crowding. (This little group is growing fast! I had planned to move them to bigger digs on Thursday, will have work on that today!)
Now time to doctor the peeps and put them in second brooder....
catch one, calm her, cuddle, spritz blue kote....all over her back, my hand, and shirt.
barnie.gif

get the next one, repeat....not so much on my hand, little more on my shirt
he.gif

the third, repeat... somehow got my other hand, but at least I missed the shirt.
roll.png

Fine now everyone is treated, eating, drinking happy.
Go wash up.
THE BLUE KOTE DOES NOT COME OFF!
ep.gif

I had just posted yesterday about having a purple thumb and not being very adept at gardening, and now I can prove it! Purple thumb, hand and couple of fingers.
lau.gif

I take off the shirt, spray it with spray and wash and say goodbye to it.
Moral/lesson learned: Blue Kote stains everything it touches.
That was the one little tidbit of information no one ever mentioned!!!
barnie.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
th.gif

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I sprayed blue-kote, or maybe it was a similar product. However, it is deep purple. Anyway, got it all over my fingers, hand and my white jacket. Why did I wear a white jacket??????

I think I used nail polish remover to get it off my hand.

I washed the jacket and it didn't come out.
sad.png

If you pour some nail polish remover on the stains on the shirt before laundering, the blue kote may come off.

regards,
keljonma
if edited, probably for typos....

Last edited:
Well, the shirt is shot.
sad.png

Tried nail polish remover, and it helped a lot on my hand.
The best part of the whole story is that my peeps are all happy and on the mend!!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom