Blue Lace Red Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by boss400, Jan 28, 2012.

1. boss400

boss400 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2011
    Lower Alabama
    What do you cross to get Blue Lace Red Wyandotte? I have Silver Lace Wyandottes

2. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    The best thing to do is buy the birds. It would take years and some money to get a blue laced red wyandotte.

Tim

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  3. Dirty_South_Chickens

Dirty_South_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I have a blrw rooster with 2 silver laced and 2 golden laced hens, I'm wondering what the cross will look like if I hatch any of the eggs. Any ideas?

4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Idaho
    If you cross the BLRW Roo with SLW Hens with these you will get sexlinks the hens will look like the dad and the roosters will look SLW with some red leakage. I know there is a more technical way to say this But anyway My sister (Duramax) girl is into the BLRW and she is looking into creating some sexlinks in the future...

5. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA

We've crossed a SL Rooster with BLR hens, we got sex-links that we're huge birds-but not pretty. Ended up eatting them. Stick to the pure color crosses, is my best advice.

6. boss400

boss400 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2011
    Lower Alabama
    i was told that if you cross a glw rooster with a slw hen you get rblw has anyone tried this?

7. Dirty_South_Chickens

Dirty_South_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I have hatched eggs mixed BLRW rooster and RIR hens and they ended up looking just like my rooster. I plan on trying again but have added 2 silver laced, 2 golden laced, 2 RIR and 4 NH reds hens.

8. Sarah7

Sarah7 New Egg

Feb 1, 2012
    Anyone happen to know of someone in the NC area with BLR hens? Or anyone willing to ship some chicks? Thanks!

9. Steve234

Steve234 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2011
    Harrisville, PA
    Have you tried bluepoultry.com?

10. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    This will produce glw hens and silver laced males. Depending on the genetics of the glw rooster, the male offspring may show some red on the back and shoulders and possible straw color in the hackles.

In order to produce chicks with blue in their plumage, one of the parents must also be blue or at least have some part of the plumage that is blue. One parent must carry a blue gene. An alternative to blue is the lavender gene- this also produces a blue color in the plumage.

Tim

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by