Blue Lace Red Wyandottes

The best thing to do is buy the birds. It would take years and some money to get a blue laced red wyandotte.

Tim

Last edited:
If you cross the BLRW Roo with SLW Hens with these you will get sexlinks the hens will look like the dad and the roosters will look SLW with some red leakage. I know there is a more technical way to say this But anyway My sister (Duramax) girl is into the BLRW and she is looking into creating some sexlinks in the future...

I have hatched eggs mixed BLRW rooster and RIR hens and they ended up looking just like my rooster. I plan on trying again but have added 2 silver laced, 2 golden laced, 2 RIR and 4 NH reds hens.

Anyone happen to know of someone in the NC area with BLR hens? Or anyone willing to ship some chicks? Thanks!

i was told that if you cross a glw rooster with a slw hen you get rblw has anyone tried this?

This will produce glw hens and silver laced males. Depending on the genetics of the glw rooster, the male offspring may show some red on the back and shoulders and possible straw color in the hackles.

In order to produce chicks with blue in their plumage, one of the parents must also be blue or at least have some part of the plumage that is blue. One parent must carry a blue gene. An alternative to blue is the lavender gene- this also produces a blue color in the plumage.

Tim

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom