Blue Laced Brahmas

jhoughton

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that we now have UK Import Brahmas Hatching eggs available. They are beautiful birds bigger and better coloring than anything you have seen here in the U.S. Our first auction for these eggs is on rarebreedauctions.com now. Please take a look if you wanna see an amazing new Brahma that is now here. These aren't Dan Powell lines and no project birds or colors in our flock.
smile.png

I've been working on blue laced Brahmas, too -

Close-up of one of my pullets

This is Bluebell in the foreground. You can see she's huge!

I'm still at the first generation, and I don't know if they are going to breed true, so I can't sell any eggs just yet. I'm also working on lemon blue but so far not much lemon -

Hi Michael, we have shut down breeding pens for the winter a little earlier than usual thanks largely in part to Superstorm Sandy! We will have hatching eggs and chicks available this Spring. Also more colors to release. I'm gonna start a waiting list soon so if you're interested let me know. SJisty if you need some blue laced to work into your projects let me know. Or PM me and we can work out for next year some chicks and or started birds.

I wouldn't recommend doing a lemon and blue together. After first generation chicks if anyone would want a lemon you would never get rid of the blue it would be washed all over the lemon. Genetics just don't work for that project.

Hi Michael, we have shut down breeding pens for the winter a little earlier than usual thanks largely in part to Superstorm Sandy! We will have hatching eggs and chicks available this Spring. Also more colors to release. I'm gonna start a waiting list soon so if you're interested let me know. SJisty if you need some blue laced to work into your projects let me know. Or PM me and we can work out for next year some chicks and or started birds. 

I totally understand. We are having a 100 year storm here in northern California. It's supposed to flood bad here like it did on the east coast a few weeks back.

I can't wait till everything gets up and going again!

This is a close up of my BLR Brahma hens feathers-more red than yours? I'm just now getting breeding pens set up for collection this year. My BLR roos have more grey on the breast with very little red on the breast feathers. Would you be willing to consider an egg swap sometime this spring?

Back
Top Bottom