Blue Laced Red (possibly Blue Partdige) Brahma or BLR Wyandotte pullets, sexed chicks, or fertile eg

darkbrahmamama

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
So, I've had to edit this post a couple of times.

I'm looking to (preferably) BLR Brahma hens, will consider blue partridge, or BLR Wyandotte pullets, probably 5.

I'd love to find a breeder, somewhat close - 1 & 1/2 hr away max. I live in Athens, PA

If I can't find a breeder to purchase pullets from, I'm getting information around on those that sell either sexed chicks, or fertile eggs, for next spring. If I go with fertile eggs, I'll be looking to get them about a month before Easter, because I told someone I could hatch out some of my own dark brahma eggs for them the week before Easter.

The closer the better, but I'm also going to be looking at ratings so that if I do have to get chicks or eggs in the mail, I am more secure in their safe arrival.

Also, this will be my first time ordering eggs, if that's the way I go - so if anyone has any pointers on what questions I should be asking, & what I should be looking for, PLEASE PLEASE give me some advice!

Last edited:
Do you happen to have her contact information? I'd be interested in putting her on the list & looking into things. Especially since she's not horribly far away. I know of a dark, buff, & light brahmas breeder in NY that's a litte over an hour away .... she does breed blue laced wyandottes, but not brahma's. Thanks for the advice. :)

Her name is Angela Havens, she has a morgan farm called Havens Stocking Creek Morgans in Bath NY. I tried finding her information last night, because I'd prefer to just buy somewhat local, I'd love to find a breeder & just buy some hens, & if I can't find Brahmas I'd get Wyandottes to try.

I've tried getting a hold of Angela without luck. I also couldn't find the listing on craigslist, so right now I'm thinking I'm going to have to order fertile eggs or non sexed chicks (can't find sexed chicks) & figure out what to do with the roosters.

I found Sally Sunshine Poultry from Bethel, PA. It looks like she breeds blue partridge. I'm going to contact them & see what they say. I wonder if it's the same person?

Back
Top Bottom