Blue laced red wyandotte chicks?

DuckBoy323

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 23, 2011
Arlington Washington
. Can anyone tell me if these are blue laced red Wyandottes and how they'll turn out to look once they are full grown? I just got these today and was a little curious. Thanks yall Ivan.

Basskids08

Chick Logging
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
In the country somewhere
Last edited:

Basskids08

Chick Logging
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
In the country somewhere
Basskid08 thanks pal. How can you tell if they are Wyandottes? Isn't there different colors of blue laced red Wyandottes?
There is, here is something I think you will find interesting,

When breeding Blue Lace Red Wyandottes and Blue Wyandottes

you can end up with a variety of colors. The colors are Blue,

Black, & Splash.

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Blue

Black

The Black Laced can be easily confused with a Gold Laced Wyandotte...they are actually very different varieties. When we breed the BLRWs we like to breed Blue to Blue. We found through experience this keeps your blue lacing and under-color pretty consistent instead of all over the place. You will need to breed a black laced rooster on your hens about every other year to keep the deep blue color that makes the BLRWs truly unique.

Splash

The Splash variety is pretty popular because the mahogany really pops against the powder blue/white lacing. The splash variety can loose the lacing in their hackle feathers (neck) fairly easy. This is something that you need to keep an eye on when culling your birds. The hen pictured below has spectacular lacing on her hackles, crisp/even overall lacing, great type, and the desired mahogany color .

The chart below is used for breeding the Blue

Laced Red Wyandottes.

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue , 25% Black , 25% Splash

Blue X Splash = 50% Blue , 50% Splash

Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black

Splash X Black = 100% Blue

Black X Black = 100% Black

Splash X Splash = 100% Splash

These numbers are based on 100 chicks. Results will vary depending on number of chicks raised.

Top Bottom