Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Gender Input

Blue

Songster
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
Virginia
I posted these in the Wyandotte threads, but more opinions are always better.
big_smile.png
These 3 BLRWs are 6 weeks old, and I'm pretty sure 1 is a cockerel. The other 2 I'm unsure of, so opinions? I have no experience with this breed, and I'm finding them much harder to sex than single combed birds.
hmm.png

I'm thinking this one is a cockerel.
53351_sdc10871.jpg

53351_sdc10834.jpg

This one I have no idea. The comb is pretty red but isn't nearly as puffy as the first one.
53351_sdc10885.jpg

53351_sdc10886.jpg

No idea on this one either. Same deal as the last one: the comb is red but still pretty flat and not puffy.
53351_sdc10878.jpg

53351_sdc10881.jpg

riane'smimi :

x3 I also have the BLR Wyandottes and they ARE hard to sex. They are beautiful birds though. I love your roo .

Thanks! I really like him, too. I thought he was going to be black laced red at first, but then a lot of the black started turning blue, so now I'm thinking he's going to be a very dark blue. I really am hoping the other 2 are hens since I only have the 3. It would be nice to have a trio.​

I go more on the body shape on the Wyandottes also and not just the comb. I have I think 8 .They are at the age now that the roosters really look silly with their long skinny legs.I have 3 roosters and the rest pullets.I can not wait until they are old enough to star hatching their eggs
smile.png

I'm glad the consensus is backing up what I was thinking and hoping.
celebrate.gif
I like both the light and dark blues, and I'm hoping to get some pretty chicks from them at some point.

Back
Top Bottom