Blue laced red wyandotte? Hen or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bella D, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Bella D

Bella D In the Brooder

Jun 5, 2017
    Hello
    I purchased these beautiful chicks at the feed store about a month ago for my broody frizzle to raise.They where sold as blue laced red wyandottes. Are they? I'm thinking I got two hens but I'm new to chickens so it is just a guess.
    Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    They do look like they could be Wynadottes but not Blue Laced Reds, colors are interesting. They looking pullets to me, how old are they? Looking older than a month, maybe closer to 2 months? I maybe wrong, others will be peeping in to help out :) Love the coloring on both, different.

3. ambabya

ambabya Songster

Oct 10, 2010
    Not blue laced reds, at least not like any I've seen.
    Look like pullets so far.

4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Could be out of BLR Wyandottes, but aren't. They'd basically be blues with some red leakage.

5. Bella D

Bella D In the Brooder

Jun 5, 2017
    Thank you :)
    When I bought them they already had some wing feathers coming in so I don't know how old they where.I have had them a month. Even as babies they where mostly grey. Most of the chicks looked red and blue.These two where different. It really doesn't matter my daughter and I are crazy about them. I just thought it was odd they would look so different.Glad they look like wyandotte's.
    Very happy so far they look like pullets. .last year I had 14 chicks, 4 hens 10 roo's! ! Re homing was fun :(

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Gray farms

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: