Blue laced red wyandotte? Hen or roo?

Bella D

Chirping
Jun 5, 2017
Hello
I purchased these beautiful chicks at the feed store about a month ago for my broody frizzle to raise.They where sold as blue laced red wyandottes. Are they? I'm thinking I got two hens but I'm new to chickens so it is just a guess.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

ChickNanny13

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Jun 23, 2013
The Big Island/Hawaii
They do look like they could be Wynadottes but not Blue Laced Reds, colors are interesting. They looking pullets to me, how old are they? Looking older than a month, maybe closer to 2 months? I maybe wrong, others will be peeping in to help out :) Love the coloring on both, different.

ambabya

Songster
9 Years
Oct 10, 2010
Not blue laced reds, at least not like any I've seen.
Look like pullets so far.

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
Could be out of BLR Wyandottes, but aren't. They'd basically be blues with some red leakage.

Bella D

Chirping
Jun 5, 2017
Thank you :)
When I bought them they already had some wing feathers coming in so I don't know how old they where.I have had them a month. Even as babies they where mostly grey. Most of the chicks looked red and blue.These two where different. It really doesn't matter my daughter and I are crazy about them. I just thought it was odd they would look so different.Glad they look like wyandotte's.
Very happy so far they look like pullets. .last year I had 14 chicks, 4 hens 10 roo's! ! Re homing was fun :(

Top Bottom