Blue Laced Red Wyandotte wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by karri25, Jan 8, 2008.

1. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I have to have some of these birds, really I have waited as long as I can stand it. I am going to put in a hatch mid-February. Won't someone please help me:)

2. msbliss

msbliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Karri, just PM'd you some info

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah, I'd like some too, they are very pretty birds. I think McMurray Hatchery has them.

4. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Yes, I didn't want to order from them but it looks like I might have to. I appreciate the info. I only need (which really means I can only squeeze into my coop) around 6 and of course I only want one roo. In a perfecr world and all. I guess I might have to order the 25 from Murray and than sell all of the extra roos. With my luck I'll end up with one hen:)

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Do you have someone who could hatch for you? If you're going to chance ordering 25 straight-run chicks, you might as well chance getting extra roos with hatching eggs...and you'd get better quality birds from a private breeder, rather than a big hatchery. I'm sure someone here is breeding these guys and would have eggs in the spring?

May be a good excuse to buy an incubator and join the rest of us in our hatching addiction...[​IMG] come on, you know you want too...[​IMG]

6. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I have an incubator, I would prefer to buy eggs. I REALLY want som eggs:)

7. alohachickens

alohachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    karri25, Any luck on these?

I'd love to buy even a half dozen of these eggs, too! Does anyone on this board sell 'em? I saw them at McMuray, but I don't need to buy a bunch of chicks, and I have an incubator, so I was curious about this breed as well?

Post info here if anyone has it, plz! [​IMG]

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I PMed both of you with info I am trying to get some too all I need to get is my bator and my parents permision LOL

good luck
    Henry

9. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I have some BLRW...but will not have eggs to sell until around March or April. I am not home now but will hopefully be returning home at the end of this week. At that time I plan on separating them from the rest of my flock then in 4 to 6 weeks I will check fertility and I hope have some eggs to sell.
    Mitzi

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Same here. My girls took the winter off, so I'm only getting an egg or two per week. I also wouldn't suggest Murray McMurray's or Valentine's hatcheries if you're looking for quality eggs/chicks. They're just chicken mills.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by