blue laced red wyandotte.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by snipercp, Feb 21, 2012.

  1. snipercp

    snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

    198
    0
    89
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    i am looking in buying some BLRW hatching eggs but i want to ask a question first do they breed true i mean when i put them together will i get all exactly the same BLRW and not like 50% chance of blue laceing 25% ********* and 25% ********

    thanks connor
     
  2. TaylorHobbyFarms

    TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

    658
    11
    133
    Dec 2, 2010
    You may be able to buy hatching eggs that are produced by a combination to get all BLRW but if you breed BLRW together, they do not breed 100% true. The blue gene does not breed true.
     
  3. snipercp

    snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

    198
    0
    89
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    do you know what the odds are for getting true BLRW
     
  4. Chris09

    Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

    11,005
    442
    328
    Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio

    Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
    Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black

    Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash

    Black X Black = 100% Black

    Splash X Splash = 100% Splash
    Splash X Black = 100% Blue



    Note--
    Black= Black Laced Red
    Blue = Blue Laced Red
    Splash = Splash Laced Red

    Chris
     
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. snipercp

    snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

    198
    0
    89
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    it doesnt matter now i have finally found it here it is if anyone else was wondering the same thing:




    Blue to Black= 50% Blue 50% Black
    Blue to Blue= 25% Black 50% Blue 25% Splash
    Blue to Splash= 50% Blue 50% Splash
    Splash to Black= 100% Blue
    Splash to Splash=100% Splash
     
  6. snipercp

    snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

    198
    0
    89
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    oh sorry didnt see that when i replied thanks anyway
     
  7. Senna95

    Senna95 Chillin' With My Peeps

    481
    21
    134
    Apr 6, 2010
    Woodland
    I've seen tons of photos of the blue-laced reds. Does anyone have photos of the splash and blacks? Black-laced reds sound kind of pretty too!
     
  8. snipercp

    snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

    198
    0
    89
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    search for them on google images i seen splash laced wyandottes on there.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by