Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LillianMae, Dec 4, 2014.

1. LillianMae

LillianMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Hey guys, does anybody know of any stores in Oregon that regularly get Blue Laced red Wyandottes in each year? I've found a store that sells the three other breeds I want every year, but I can't find one with the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. Thanks in advance!

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    they are a rarer breed that is working on getting more popular...the likely hood of a store having them is fairly slim. why do you need them every year?? You MIGHT be able to get a store to order them for you the next time they order, but not too many hatchery's have them yet..... good luck! they are a really cool breed :)

3. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Not every year, just this year. I haven't seen them before so I was just wondering

4. cityfarmer12

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    ok. If you have a TSC nearby, i think (i may be wrong) that they will order a breed for you if you ask. Still, the hatchery they order from may not do BLRW's. If you want to order online, mypetchicken.com and mcmurray hatchery have them, though i've never ordered from them, so don't know the quality of their birds, or their services. Good luck! hope you can get some, they are really beautiful chickens. :)

5. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Well, if I can't, the feed store I normally by from sells glw, slw, speckled sussex, and light brahmas, which I like. Thanks for the info!

6. cityfarmer12

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    your welcome :) I recently rescued a couple slw, and they are looking very pretty! Oh, and I LOVE brahma's!! They were the first chickens i ever got :)

1 person likes this.
  7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Have you asked them what hatchery they order from and if they can order them?

Tho I've read that the hatchery lines might not be up to par as far as the standard goes, you might be better of looking for a breeder.

Have you tried your state thread?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by