blue laced red wyandottes arrived today!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Krazzy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Krazzy

Krazzy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2013
    Indiana
    so about 2 weeks ago my wife and i decided to buy 20 blue laced red wyandotte chicks. my neighbor suggested mcmurray hatchery. we set it up for the week of august 19th. i have never mail ordered chicks before so i didnt know what to expect and i was worried they would get delayed or that many of them might not even make the trip alive. ive pretty much been sweating it out lol. a woman at the post office called me at 6am today to let me know that my chicks had arrived and she let me come get them 2.5 hours before they even opened! how great is that!?!? that woman made my day. so we got home and opened the peeping box and to our delight all the baby chicks made it! they are all eating and drinking water just fine. as far as i can tell they are all healthy as can be. the free "rare" chick they included was a silver laced wyandotte witch i thought was kinda odd but thats okay because i love all wyandottes! today is a good day. thank you mcmurray!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations on your new babies! Glad to hear everybody made it safely. It is nice to hear the post office would work with you to pick up your chicks early. And, that is a nice colorful brooder setup you have. The McM BLR wyandottes are nice birds, you should like them, here's hoping that you have a lot of pullets.

3. slagartist

slagartist Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    That was so nice of your post office! Ours didn't call until 9am when they opened, so the poor chicks (they said they arrived at 6am) had to sit in that cold place for over three hours :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by