Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, where to order from?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by BellLisamo, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Hello BYCers!!! I need help choosing where to order these from. I was looking at ideal, and theirs are only $2.92 each. BUT they are BANTAMS (????) It says "Standard weights at maturity are males-30 oz. and hens-26 oz."

Aren't they supposed to be average sized birds???

Help me!

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I found a few breeders who sell LF BLRW, but some will run you $9 a chick. Look around here. I think there is a breeders thread somewhere....looking...

I will look for my McMurrey catalog..I think theirs are standards.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:There are both LF and bantams. There is a thread on here from a few days ago asking about the quality of hatchery BLRWs. There are some breeders who sell chicks, but like was already said, the good ones aren't cheap. There are several of us on BYC that sell hatching eggs if you decide to go that route.

4. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:There are both LF and bantams. There is a thread on here from a few days ago asking about the quality of hatchery BLRWs. There are some breeders who sell chicks, but like was already said, the good ones aren't cheap. There are several of us on BYC that sell hatching eggs if you decide to go that route.

I'm too worried about hatching eggs myself. I dont care too much about the quality, just as long as they have blue and red in them. LOL!!! I'm not too picky on them right now. I wish I knew some people who sold some in Arizona...

5. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    I think welp hatchery sells them in large fowl. www.welphatchery.com. I think they were around $3. They don't charge shipping either. Having said that, I have never ordered from welp so I can't comment on quality.

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:OOOO i will check it out!!! Thanks!!!

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've seen pics of Katy's birds, they are beautiful and I think she sells hatching eggs.

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Meyer Hatchery has Blue laced red wyandottes for sale they have males females and St. Run! They are in Polk Ohio! Hope this was helpful!

9. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  10. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Sand Hill Preservation Center has them on page 9 of their 2010 catalog. They are $4.00 each (not sexed). Located in Calamus, Iowa phone # (563) 246-2299 or
    www.sandhillpreservation.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by