Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

deineria

Songster
9 Years
Aug 3, 2010
Huntington, WV
I know almost nothing about markings. . . are all of my BLRWs Splash ? Except for the white Silkie, of course. . . lol

BarnCleanUp049.jpg

BarnCleanUp050.jpg

BarnCleanUp051.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. See the dark-grey chunks of color in the cockerels' tails? That's the surest way to absolutely see that it's splash and not just light blue. The darker color on your pullets' heads is also very characteristic of a young splash.

Thanks. I thought so. Two have very dark blue feathers underneath, but I still figured all were splash.
I'm thinking of driving out to Ky, 3.5 hour drive, for some day old chicks from this breeder:
http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/bluelacedredwyandotte.htm

To get some seriously beautiful birds.

BTW: How many appear to be roos verses pullets? I was thinking 5 pullets and 3 cockerels

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Where are you located? My stock came straight from Foley's he's way too close to me.Way too close
wink.png
My aviator was one of his Roos we bought last fall.Unfortunately as huge hawk ate him for dinner but I had another one of Jerry's in a back pen not quite as nice but close.He sells started pairs as well which have made it though several culls at his place already if your close enough to pick them up..the shipping on them would be crazy they are so big.
That one in the back could be a blue

The birds are beautiful! I am getting some BLR's and I was wondering if someone could explain what "splash" actually means I have heard this term and is it something negative? Does it apply to certain breeds or is it just a color? I have heard it frequently with the BLR's. Thanks!

I am talking with Rebecca at Foley's about buying day old chicks. I just do not have room for many, and I am not sure about buying the quantity shipping would require. I am 3.5 hours from them, but I am out in Lexington fairly often, so it is just another
1.5 hours from there.

Splash is just a color, as far as I know, but it seems the Blue is more desirable, and I actually find the splash to be the prettier, but I want SOME BLUE.

I hope I just have the two cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom