Blue laced red wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by yotetrapper, May 21, 2008.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    There seems to be several color phases of these. A "blue" "black" and "splash". I believe the "splash" one is the one with the very pale colored lacing. I dont know very much at all about this breed, but find the pale ones beautiful. I want to get some good stock. Anything anyone knows about this breed would be of interest to me.

Angela

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    You and me too!!!! Those things are my dream chickens!!! [​IMG]

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Yote, I tried to hatch some without any luck, but check out Buddy Henry's website www.backwoodspoultry. I got my eggs from him, nice guy. Shipped eggs are sometimes a problem. He's in TN. Also Sue from www.sterlingcenterfarm in NY has beautiful stock. If you find anyplace else let me know. Oh, also colorsplash rare poultry in NC has a great web page. Can ya tell I've been looking for these too!! lol:lol:

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    There is a yahoo group for blue laced red wyandottes that you could probably find some breeders.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hatched my first ones back in November and they are some of the sweetest chickens. The oldest pullets are just now starting to lay in the last month or so and then I've got some younger ones coming up. They are certainly eye-candy.

6. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Mine are the broodiest things.I can't keep them from wanting to set.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If mine do that I'll just have to let them hatch me some more!! [​IMG]

8. moms_pantry

moms_pantry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I bought eggs off ebay last year to hatch, but only one did. Two others tried unsuccessfully. A couple of weeks ago my BLRW hen was acting funny when I went to feed them. The next day she was dead. I was devasted. She was my favorite and prettiest hen. I don't know what happened. I would love to get some more.

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I have some blrw bantam chicks right now. They were from blrw hens crossed with a glw roo. I want some that do not have this outcrossing. The htaching eggs yahoo group seems to have some blrw eggs going around, and as someone mentioned, there is a breeder list on the yahoo blrw group.

10. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    You all keep mentioning these yahoo "groups". What are they, and how do I find them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by