Blue merle border collies.. I am in love!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Moochie, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    One day I would love to have one!! So beautiful! And smart..
    I'm all for adopting dogs, but I'm not sure if finding one in puppy age at a shelter would be easy. Would I be a bad person if I went to a breeder or some family that had pups of this color?
    [​IMG] I bet they're expensive too.
    I'll have my weenie dogs to adore and love, and pictures of blue merle border collies to [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] at. Haha.

2. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    No one here would call you a bad person for going to a reputable breeder. Ideally that's the only way you should have to get a dog. If everyone was responsible there would be no mutts in the world (as much as i love mine to death) but rather only pure-bred dogs that would be exactly what the breed is supposed to be in temperament, size and drive. By all means be on the lookout for a shelter pup that would suit your needs/desires but if you find the right breeder there is nothing wrong with getting a nice pup from them.

3. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Quote:[​IMG]:thumbsup

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    First, I gotta say I love your avatar. My cat does that to me all day & night...I'm his personal lump of dough, lol.

Border collies are awesome. [​IMG] Boundless energy that needs direction and an outlet and the perfect fit for the right homes. I really like working with rescue dogs, too, yet have no qualms at all about obtaining a dog from a good breeder. [​IMG]

5. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    I've never had a Blue Merle BC, but I fostered a "Baussie" (Border Collie x Australian Shepherd) once. She was a really good dog. And beautiful.

[​IMG]

6. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:What a cute pup. She looks so sweet. What breed dog is that in the background? It reminds me of some borzoi mixes I've known but it's hard for me to make out detail without my reading glasses. [​IMG]

7. OtterCreekRanch

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    Quote:What a cute pup. She looks so sweet. What breed dog is that in the background? It reminds me of some borzoi mixes I've known but it's hard for me to make out detail without my reading glasses. [​IMG]

That is a border collie (papered). A good friend of mine ended up adopting the Baussie. She already had three border collies...all black and white. She wanted a dog with more color.

Here is another pic with her a lil closer to the camera.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    No, you dont have to "adopt" a pet to be a good person.... thats just silly thinking!!!!!!
    What makes you a good person is loving your pet and taking good care of it.
    Adopting a pet has NOTHING to do with being a good pet owner or person... [​IMG]

Now lets see pics of a blue merle border collie... [​IMG]

9. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity

That is a border collie (papered). A good friend of mine ended up adopting the Baussie. She already had three border collies...all black and white. She wanted a dog with more color.

Here is another pic with her a lil closer to the camera.
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...91877526_100000336503636_505202_1521369_n.jpg

Ah, ok, thanks for the closeup pic! Perfectly clear without mag glasses. [​IMG]

10. OtterCreekRanch

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    Hehe I am stealing her pics off facebook. Wasn't easy to find one of her. She is kinda camera shy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by