blue offspring

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Big_Red, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Big_Red

Big_Red Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2010
    i recently bought a trio of blue-red oeg's, and i was told that the offspring could be one of 3 colors. does anyone know what those 3 colors are, and can u tell the difference when they hatch?

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    you will get blue red, splash sports, and I want to say brown red but thats not right.... maybe it is hopefully someone can help you more conclusivly [​IMG]

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:THANK YOU for some reason the only thing I could think of is brown red and I kept telling myself thats lemon blue, brown red, and then the splash sports! LOL

5. Big_Red

Big_Red Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2010
    thanks guys. can you tell the difference when they're still chicks?

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Also with the Splash Red chicks that you would get, their whitish coloring will probably be a bit more "splashy" than the pure Red Pyles that Chris posted. The pure Red Pyles are diluted with Dominant White not Andalusian Blue, and they wont breed the same as the Splash Reds either, but they will be pretty close in color to the ones Chris posted, just dont get the two confused if you end up getting any pure Red Pyles later on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by