Blue or Black Orpington?

tiffanyh

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Connecticut
Hi all,
Well I have already checked with the top expert on this (speckled hen) and got her vote, but I wanted to check to see with any other Blue/Black Orpington people to see if this hen would be considered black or blue--if blue, I know she is quite dark. She is 13 weeks old or so. Her head is dark and her feather lighten up as you head down. She has a velvet-y sheen to her, although I guess that could change as she molts.

The only reason I actually care enough to check is because we have a large argicultural fair every year in my home town and next year she asked that I enter her!! I think she is quite the looker, but I need to know what to write on her entry card!!
lol.png

027.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

I even included a bum shot for you!!! Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited:
Looks blue to me too !!

When I see black I expect it to be shiny dark dark black with maybe a greenish overlay....lol, you can tell I have austrolorps.

I have a blue orp , a blue cochin and blrw.... you can't go wrong with blue........
smile.png

Julie

Black Laced Blue seems really appropriate! She has got me guessing! And she is huge. Bigger than my brahma mix that hatched a week prior! Have you guys had that experience with your orps?

Thank you Cynthia for sending the standards link. I have been looking for something like that on the internet with little luck. I added it to my favorites!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom