1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue or lavender orpington?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by acbowers, Nov 18, 2013.

1. acbowers

acbowers Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Almont, MI
    So I really want a blue orp, but they are pretty expensive...I've looked at lavender orps but am wondering what ya'lls votes are... [​IMG]

2. gallito1982

gallito1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    I own blues and lavs but defenitly blue orps are quite impresives, so my vote goes to the blue orpingtons

3. acbowers

May 14, 2013
    Almont, MI
    I do love how distinctive the blue color is but I am fairly new to chickens so I'm afraid that they will get killed or something....

4. gallito1982

gallito1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    if youre talking about get killed by other chickens, they will be fine, justthe normal pecking order thing, trust me my two and only blue orps were added to a chocolate bantam orp, 3 lavanders,2 silkies and 2 golden sexlinks chicks, very close age all of them but some are way bigger than others, theyre doing great

5. acbowers

May 14, 2013
    Almont, MI
    No, I'm worried about predators...although I haven't had troubles yet, it will be my luck that as soon as I buy such an expensive chicken, it will get killed. But with how pretty they are, I may have to chance it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by