Blue Orp roo X black Americauna hen

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by joletabey, Jan 19, 2010.

1. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Has any got pictures of this cross? Or any ideas of what I would get? I have a beautiful little roo and want to get him two or three girls, BBS orps and also an Americauna if that would be a good/fun cross.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Blue chicks and black chicks. Not sure what the odds are with the beards. Sound cute though!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I just cannot imagine my big Suede mating an Ameraucana! Talk about being pancaked! Truthfully, I dont think I would risk it. My friend Kate took Suede's brother and he was about 14 lb when he began mating the hens. One had her leg hurt badly by his weight.

Yeah, you'd get blue and black chicks, some with beards and pea/single comb combinations.

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I guess I will wait until Ultrasuede hits his stride then, and see how big he ends up being- I keep forgetting his daddy is a tank! I'll just look for huge BBS Orp girls for him.

5. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I have a cross that is really pretty, not sure exactly what he is but his daddy was my splash orp.

He has muffs and a bit of a beard, need to get pics. He is my chick that came back from the dead. My photobucket is acting, will try to post pics of him later, he is a cutie.

Oh and by the way, my huge splash orp roo mated with my bantams and he never hurt them at all, altho that might not be the norm. I didnt realize it, but he was an exceptional guy, the hens that were smaller...he "straddled" them with his legs and feet on the ground, I didnt know that was unusual til I got to paying more attention to how many folks hens got hurt by their roo and he NEVER gave them that extra peck on the head that my silkie roo seems to wanna do. grrrr

I just hope his children employ the same "method". [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by