blue orp with black face - cyn, what do you think?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by blue90292, Dec 27, 2007.

1. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    this is what i was talking about. he's a blue orp boy and his face is very blackish compared to the other boys. does the face color change also with boys?? it looks like the black cockerals face is starting to turn more red color....

[​IMG]

i don't know if you can tell the face color too well, he kept running away. lol

here's the splash and black cockerals. it's cute, the three always stick together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Im not Cyn, but none of my Orps have that. I do have a black sex link hen that does. When she got close to POL it reddened up quite a bit. Not like it should though. Big boys [​IMG]

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    My blue orp pullet has a VERY dark face also. But she is definately blue.

[​IMG]

See what Cyn says still, but I believe there can be variations like that in the colors.

4. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    you can see how dark that blue boy's face is in the last picture. :| the black boy's face has gotten a little redder in the last couple of weeks. maybe cuz i've been talking about it. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, you know, none of mine that I can recall ever had a really dark face like that at that age. I'd say it's just an individual difference and will eventually redden up. Here is Suede at six weeks old and his darker brother at six weeks. See their individual differences? Suede has much more red in his face than the darker boy.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Awwww Suede was such a gawky little thing. He really has come a long way!

7. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Man I can't believe how long ago it was that you hatched all of them. Time sure does fly.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Suede and Velvet, Meg and the Poufy Head Sisters will all be a year old on February 1. Hard to believe, for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by