Blue Orpington Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BamaChicken, Feb 25, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Thought I would share these and how they are growing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Oh so pretty growing out...Did you see the pair I hatched and took to MissPrissy?...maybe she will post a pic of them....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  3. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I see some roosters, lol.

4. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Oh how purdy! They are just as purdy as a spotted pup in a red wagon. Gotta get me some of those to go with my buff orps and white orps.

5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Beautiful!!! I can't wait!!! Those boys are going to be HUGE look at those legs!

Thank you Julie for showing me what I am waiting for! It helps when I see all the chicks and eggs and the.......TEMPTATION!

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Those are beautiful Julie! How old are they? Those chicks I hatched I think the batch is pretty cockerel heavy.....its okay Im just glad I got a good hatch. It does look like I have a Splash pullet though. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Those blue Orp boys can sure give you "The Eye", can't they? They are so funny. Julie, I got a black cockerel from this last hatch that I think is a real winner. If someone (and you know who you are, LOL) doesn't want him, I may just keep the boy myself!

8. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Thank you. The top ones are 7 weeks and the bottom pic is of some 3 week olds. They are getting large fast. I need a younger blue Cockeral with the right eye color so i will probably keep one of these. I do have a splash pullet in the younger group but she hides when the camera is in there. I have very beautiful Black Cockeral about 6 months old if anyone needs a black orp cockeral. I have another from another line in the younger box of chicks that I will be using for breeding. I can take pics of the black cockeral if anyone wants to see him.

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are very pretty! [​IMG] I wish I could have big chickens!

10. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    They are gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by