1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Orpington Cockerel, 8 Wks *DELAYED*N. Ga. Mtns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Sep 13, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The mamas of this boy and the barred EE cockerel were literally wailing and crying for their babies this morning. We decided to wait a couple more weeks to rehome them. They are still available, but there will be a slight delay before they can leave here. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    This boy is a beautiful lavenderish light blue color. He is son of Suede with Smoky. Need to rehome ASAP. Has been raised by a broody and we are just now separating him from mama.

Pickup only, please. I will not ship this guy. I also have a 9 week old Barred Easter Egger cockerel available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. itsmyobsession

itsmyobsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    We would love to give him a home we are in GA as well, where are you located?

3. speckledhen

I am in Fannin County, GA., center top of the state, in Mineral Bluff; maybe two hours from the center of Atlanta, depending on traffic. [​IMG]

4. itsmyobsession

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    Thats a bit of a drive for us as we are in Carrollton all the way west of Atlanta almost to Alabama??????

5. speckledhen

Oh, you're near lockedhearts! She lives in Bowdon and comes up here all the time to get birds. Ask her how the trip is if you think you may want to chance it. My grandfather had a farm in Carrollton for many, many years. Both my sons graduated from West Georgia and my DH and I met there in 1975.

6. itsmyobsession

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    I am near lockedhearts in fact I have gotten some chickens from her in the past. Carrollton is a great area, small world huh? I may make the little drive this weekend if you still have him. If you find another taker for him in the mean time I understand.

7. speckledhen

Karen can tell you how to go the back way, too. She's been up here with Robin (pumpkinpup) quite a few times.

8. DaisyDoe

DaisyDoe New Egg

Sep 7, 2010
    Chickamauga
    Hi!! Im new on here! But I live on the other side of GA in the foothills of Lookout Mtn. I would be interested in him as well if something does not work or the little Barred Easter Egger cockerel you have. Thank you!

9. speckledhen

Hi, Daisy! I'm about one hour from Dalton, maybe a hair further than that. Here is a picture of Bandit, named for the little mask like face when he was much smaller. If you'd like one of these two, they will be available this coming weekend for pickup. The moms are still hanging onto them, but they can't stay here till they are almost grown like the last boy did. His mother never rejected him and he was almost mating age!

[​IMG]

10. speckledhen

We're delaying the rehoming of these two babies. See first post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by