Blue Orpington cockerel or pullet?

GildedCage

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Columbus, NC
Can someone help me with pullet or cockerel? I have a blue orpington and a black orpington, 8weeks old. My blue has had the bright red comb and wattles for weeks now. He/she, Jackpot, has larger legs and feet. But Jackpot has completely different feathering than Katie Ann the black. I have two Lav orpingtons and 1 buff. They are 6 months old and have feathers like Katie Ann. Jackpot started feathering out much later than Katie Ann and she is soft to touch and Jackpot's feathers are heavy and spiney to touch. They are from the same hatching but Jackpot is heavier than Katie Ann. I have thought all along that Jackpot is a cockerel but I am perplexed by the feathers.

Thank you, this may sound foolish but on the day I picked them out I did the pendulum thing with my necklace and it said boy. I did all the other little tests that you read about and they all indicated boy. I have never questioned my determination, he is very bold yet sweet, until I saw all the round feathers. He is my only blue so I have nothing to compare him to. All my others chickens are girls. I read about a lady that claims to use the pendulum to sex her eggs and has a 90% accuracy, so I decided to give it a try.

wow @ the size comparison of legs/feet!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom