1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Orpington eggs available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Western Chick, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Western Chick

Western Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    Whew! I've been watching all the posts about people wanting Blue Orpingtons and just about jumping out of my seat waiting for a password to get on here.

I've been selling on ebay and eggbid so I'm not completely new to this. I'm just getting fed up with the extra fees and people bidding but not paying....grrrr!

I offer 6 eggs at a time so I can keep them fresh but I'll include any extras for no charge. $20 flat charge includes shipping and handling.

I also have a small pen of frizzle cochin bantams, I can include 4 of those eggs for and additional $5 if you want.

Pictures of the birds can be viewed at- http://andersonsoakcreekranch.com/poultry.html

For
    the quickest reply- send email via the website contact info at the bottom of the page.

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] More Blue Orpingtons!!! woot!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I breed Blue Orps, too, and cant keep up with the demand for hatching eggs. Where did you get your original stock? How long have you been breeding them? How many rooster/hens do you have, if you dont mind me asking?

4. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Western Chick.....I just sent you a PM. I've gotta have Blue Orps!!! [​IMG]

5. Dilly

Dilly Cooped Up

Apr 15, 2008
    Welcome, very nice website and the birds and ducks look great.

You will become very popular on here. Many are drooling over these blues. [​IMG]

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Lovely web site! I was just looking on ebay for some blue orp eggs the other day and couldn't find any.

I am in love with your silver appleyard ducks, though! [​IMG]

7. Western Chick

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    I forgot to mention, these will be blue, black and splash chicks.

I don't have very many which is why I only like to ship 6 at a time, I really wish I could do more....next year.

I have one blue roo, three blue hens and a black hen. I get pretty close to half blue chicks. Next year I hope to keep a pen of black with splash so I can offer all blues.

Where did they come from...I'm embarrased to say, I'm not sure! A friend of mine put out an add that he wanted some chickens and shortly after he got them, he decided he didn't want them. Needless to say I was quite willing to take these off his hands. [​IMG]

They look very nice to me but you can check them out for yourself on my website. Just a note, it was windy the day I took the pictures so some feathers may appear to be a little ruffled.

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I really wish I could have ducks I would snatch those up in a second I can't wait till I am out of school and I can spend all my money on land and live in a cabin or a camper or a tent or a shed [​IMG] I am planning on doing this early so I can work on a house so I can have a family [​IMG] no girl that I know would live with me and our kids in a shed LOL Mind you a well organized shed that is made up like a singe room cabin. Then I want to start up with goat cheese fresh eggs ameraucana's and marans

Henry

9. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    WooHoo!!! I have Blue Orp eggs coming!!!

Hey hcammack....this gal would live in a shed if it meant being able to live in the country, have land and critters. As a matter of fact, I live in a small cabin in the country with lots of critters!! LOL

10. Western Chick

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    awww, Henry,
    If I was younger and single I'd live in your shed! I'm in the barn most of the time anyway!

Those beautiful Appleyards are no longer making eggs for me. The drake was killed a couple weeks ago by some predator.[​IMG]

I have a bunch of their babies running around though...too cute! I'm waiting on a shipment of Appleyard ducklings so I hope to have more of them next year too...also, I just got some bantam silver appleyards from Holderread's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by