Blue Orpington Hen Needs New Flock - Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by humblebeet, Sep 22, 2016.

1. humblebeet

humblebeet New Egg

Sep 22, 2016
    I have a very lovely Blue Orpington hen that needs a new flock. She is a gentle giant. 2 y/o and lays about 2-3 eggs a week when not molting (she's wrapping up her molt now).

We really love her, but had to downsize our run in order to make room for extensive concrete and home repairs outdoors so we can prepare to sell our home. Now our girls are a bit squished and we can only free range on a limited basis (someone absolutely must be home to watch them when they do).

Bluebell (hens name) is a bit noisy - nothing obnoxious - she just likes to talk. I'm going to estimate she is about 9lbs. She is very docile. Overall great bird - it's just her size that is posing a problem. Our other hens are anywhere from 4.5 - 6lbs. We hate getting rid of any of our chickens, but her size makes her the candidate.

Hoping to find a home that already has at least one chicken so she has another hen around.

We live near Seatac/ Tukwila Light Rail station.

[​IMG]

2. humblebeet

humblebeet New Egg

Sep 22, 2016
    Right as I posted this - I found her a lovely home with a co-worker. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by