1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Orpington??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by R3Rugrats, Jul 9, 2008.

1. R3Rugrats

R3Rugrats Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    So.. I'm reading the posts on the blue orpingtons, mine seems a little lighter, so would this one still be considered a blue orpington?

Thanks [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Yes, still blue. She almost has a lavender color look going on. Lovely!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Beautiful..

Do you have a blue roo?

4. R3Rugrats

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    Thanks... No I don't have a blue rooster. These chicks I hatched from eggs I got locally. She had black and buff Orpingtons. I actually ended it up with 2 of this color, except the other is darker. I'll have to take pictures tomorrow in the daylight, this was done at dark.

5. R3Rugrats

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    Ok... Taking pictures of non-photogenic chicks is not easy... Here's the, if you would call it, better picture I took today in the sun.

[​IMG]

And then I wanted to show this one off.. He's just so cute. My kids named him Roadrunner, he was off and running ever since he hatched... Just too cute. [​IMG] He's a mix of buff orpington and black orpington.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by