Blue Orpington

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheCrazyChick, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TheCrazyChick

TheCrazyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't find any pics of blue orpingtons that look like mine, as she is completely yellow, plus she has feathered feet. Hatchery mistake?

2. TheCrazyChick

Ironically when I just took her photo, the pic shows a very slight blue tint on her back. Not sure about those fuzzy feet though.

3. Thassa

Thassa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    Can you share the picture with us so we can see without guessing?

4. TheCrazyChick

I swear when you look at her in person you see zero blue tinge, but on film, voila, there's that blue tinge! Which is a good thing. But as I said, what's with the fuzzy feet?

[​IMG]

5. Thassa

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    I can kind of see what you are talking about with that little bit or blue but Orpingtons don't have feathered feet and the blue Orpington chicks I have seen are really blue. My guess is your little guy is a buff Cochin. Which hatchery did you get it from?

6. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Orpingtons don't have feathered feet. Ever. You must have a different breed. Perhaps a buff Cochin?

7. TheCrazyChick

Meyer Hatchery. I won't be very happy if I paid $20 for a buff Cochin!

8. Thassa

Apr 6, 2012
    Adirondack Park, NY
    What other chicks did you get? Is it possible one of the other ones aren't what you think it is?

9. TheCrazyChick

I was sort of wondering that, but of the 4 I picked up today 2 were polish, so those are easy to see. The other is a silver spangled Hamburg. My iPad won't let me post pics here, so I'll go do it on my laptop.

10. TheCrazyChick

Okay, here is the one I thought was the SS Hamburg. She is a teeny weeny little thing, which made me think Hamburg, since while they are not bantams, they are a smaller bird. Althohgh she does have a darker, maybe bluish leg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by