Blue Orps & Barred Rocks, First Day Outside @ 6 Wks Old (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Feb 10, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have 20 chicks in the nursery coop and today was the day to open the door and let them see what dirt under their feet felt like. Here are the pics, but I wanted to start with my "Draft Horse Chick", the Blue Orp/Buff Brahma cockerel-he is a TANK and a half! If I could, I'd keep this boy because I think he'll be a stunner. He towers over everyone else, but he's never in the middle of the sparring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The black pullet chick with feathered legs is the sister to Tank Baby in the first few pics. She's solid black right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This black girl is my only Orp pullet from the last hatch, Suede's future wife, Delilah.
    [​IMG]

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Adorable! Sadly, little splash baby is looking very rooish. [​IMG]

3. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Great pics !!! That splash really sticks out in the crowd... darn shame it's not a pullet !!!!

The barred rocks are cute!! They've been on my think about list...lol.

Thanks for sharing the pics !!!

Julie [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Yes, once again, I have hatched a splash cockerel, #3 for me in 3 separate hatches. At least, he has been claimed, so he'll have a nice home. I guess the 7 BR cockerels will go to the feedstore to be sold unless someone here wants to claim them. At least I got 4 BR pullets out of the hatch and one pretty Black Orp girl for Suede.
    I love, love, love my Barred Rocks, Julie! You really should get some of those. I have my four older girls then these four coming along, so I'm full up on my BR stable for awhile, thanks to Kate (helmstead).

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Your chicks always look so healthy! Nice job, Cyn!

6. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Cyn, they are all beautiful! And as Miss Prissy said they all look very healthy and happy. [​IMG]

7. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    you should hatch more pullets next time Speckledhen. those are in more demand.

8. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Boy, they have grown. Good news. I think I have hatched a splash pullet. Just a few days old but no big feet and smaller than the others. I'm in hopes.

9. speckledhen

oh....beeeefy....[​IMG] Silly boy, I just send all my best birds to my customers, you know. You crack me up, Bert! I've had quite a few laughs tonight on BYC and you just added to the total. Maybe I'm just a bit goofy tonight. In one of those pics in the doorway, there is a black Ameraucana chick that I'm still not sure of the sex of, but if it follows my pattern, bet I'll have another handsome son of Scout to sell soon.

Julie, that's wonderful! When can I expect her to arrive at my house, LOL?

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]

Poor Cyn... She's a roo hatchin' fool as of late!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by