Blue partridge? Anyone got pics?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jossanne, May 7, 2009.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I've got a silkie that I think is blue partridge, but I'm not sure. It is a mixed color, from a pen of blue/black/splash and white birds.

I'd like to see pictures of blue partridge birds, especially silkies, to compare to mine to. Anyone?

Here is mine, 5 weeks old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmm... Looks like a normal partridge to me!

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I have white/blue/black Silkies and have occasionally hatched one that looks like this - how it that possible? Mine are hatchery stock, so I assumed there must have been a partridge somewhere in ther "pedigree."

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah there just must be partridge somewhere in the lines that pops up sometimes

5. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    "Her" feet and tail are very blue. I'm not seeing any black in there at all, but I've never seen a real silkie before these, either, so I dunno....

6. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Here is a pic of my Partridge Showgirl with Blue undertones!

[​IMG]

7. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The blue on that cute showgirl is definitely lighter than the blue on my baby. Thanks for the pic!

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Partridge is not a single gene; it is the result of an e^b based bird carrying Pg. Lacing (your blue, black, splash birds are laced) begins with these (e^b + Pg) and adds Ml & Co. If both parents have only one copy of Ml & Co, a percentage of their offspring will be partridge.

Read this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=175990
    It
    discusses the same thing.

Grey and partridge are the same genetically, except for the silver/gold gene--greys are silver, whereas partridge are gold.

The original photo does not look like ablue partridge. That said, it can be difficult to accurately reflect colours with photography.

I'll try to get some blue partridge photos tomorrow.

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Here are photos of one of my blue partridge pullets. The first two photos were taken by at least the end of March--I think they may be a bit older, but that that is when I downloaded them from the camera to the computer, but am not positive on that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is that same litle girl this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Nice hen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by