Blue Plymouth Rock hatching eggs wanted for spring?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I was wondering if anyone has some really nice blue plymouth rock birds that would have eggs available in the spring? Do you have pics of your birds and how much do you want for a dozen including shipping?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I should have some available by then.

I'll post them in the BST section when I've got them.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    OOOOOOH!!! Those look lovely! What are they like personality wise? And how broody are they? And approximate price? I am hoping to find something a bit less broody than my giant cochins!!! And how well do they cope with heat - I would think better than the cochins too... THanks for the response! Do you have any list for people to 'book' eggs in advance? I am not online very often and would hate to miss it in the spring...

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:They're not as friendly as some of my others, but they aren't wild either. I just hatched these last spring and so I'm still waiting on my first eggs from them so I don't know about them going broody. They handled our Kansas heat just fine this summer. I don't have a list. Too many variables that come into play and then you've got to get ahold of a bunch of people to explain why they aren't getting eggs when they were promised. Halo will probably have some too so hopefully you'll catch either hers or mine.

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Katy, that blue boy is lookin gooood!!!

6. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    oh, thats DROOL running down my chin!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I need to get some new pictures of them. They've matured even more since those were taken. I'm still waiting on eggs. [​IMG]

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Well, all I can tell you is keep waiting. I get one every now and again from my blue pullet, none from the blacks, and the few splashes Im getting are infertile. If it werent for the barreds laying so well Id be SOL. Im going to move Mr. B into his own little pen with the blue/black/splash girls and keep the splash boy with the barred hens for a while so I can get some more blue babies from the barreds. The non-barred girls are such prima donnas [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll keep waiting......just not happily!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by