Blue Polish? ---Pics added!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by becky3086, Nov 28, 2008.

1. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I was sent several eggs in a mix that were marked blue polish. I think 5 of these hatched and they are 3 or 4 weeks old now. I don't know anything about blue chickens. So far 4 of these look just alike. They are white with some blueish feathers mixed in and they have dark colors on their beaks. One looks different as it is just white so far.
    My question is, how should I breed these? If I breed them to each other, what will I get? The only other polish I got from this mix was buff laced polish.
    Anyway, if anyone knows anything about these please let me know.
    Becky

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    they sound like splash which is a mixture of blue and white and light and dark feather which is a result of breeding.

Henry

3. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I breed Polish, do you have a picture? It sounds to me like a mix. Blues won't be born white.

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I will take a picture for you tomorrow. They are mostly white but they do look like they are getting some blue feathers. I am really wondering what I will come out with.
    Becky

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Here are my "blue Polish".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Becky

6. Hi!
    Beautiful!
    That looks like a splash to me.
    They come from breeding blue x blue, blue x splash, or splash x splash.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

7. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Thanks, they aren't much to look at yet but I think they will be quite pretty eventually. The only other Polish I got with these is a Buff Laced Polish but there is another blue Polish that is just white as well.
    Becky

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by