Blue (possibly a dark) Brahma Roosters - early summer 2015

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by darkbrahmamama, Oct 11, 2014.

1. darkbrahmamama

darkbrahmamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    I've managed to find a couple of people that either breed BLR brahmas or blue partridge brahmas. The only problem is that the chicks only come straight run. I already have 3 roosters, & the reason why I want more chicks is to up my hen to rooster ratio. I could let one of my hens go broody, & hatch out eggs from my own dark brahma flock, but I already have 2 pullets from my flock & I'd like to add some from a different line. Plus, I am completely in love with the blue color! I'd also be under the same situation: I just can't keep any more roosters. 3 is my max.

I plan on getting about a dozen chicks in early spring, when possible. Which means there will probably be around at least 6 roosters in the group. I'm going to keep them until they're at least 2 months old, when I can tell 100% which ones are the roosters. I may end up keeping 1 of the new blue roosters & getting rid of 1 of my 3 dark roosters just to add a little color to my flock - I haven't decided on that yet. Either way, I wanted an early start on anyone that would be interested in the roosters. Either to keep, re-sell, breed, cull, etc. We don't eat enough chicken to keep them the 5-7 months it'll take for them to get to a good age & size to cull. I live in Athens, PA. It'd be local pick-up only, I won't ship them anywhere. If you think you might be interested, please let me know so that I can contact you in the spring when they're ready to go.

2. anac1979

anac1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Hi! May I ask where you are buying your BLR & Blue Partridge Brahma chicks? I have been looking everywhere but can't find anyone that is selling chicks. Thanks!

3. darkbrahmamama

darkbrahmamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    I plan on either buying chicks from Sally sunshine poultry, or eggs from Big Medicine if he's selling them, but this won't be until spring of 2015. I just don't want to wait until the last minute to figure out what to do with any roosters.

4. anac1979

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Oh..ok...lol...maybe I will buy some from one of them as well. Thank you. :) Sorry, I can't take anymore roos either, I already have too many Gold Laced Brahma roos...:/

5. gardenmist216

gardenmist216 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2013
    I have 14 colors of brahma not all are laying yet and most are on strike right now due to molt. I am in Ga. also . Come spring I should have most of the colors available.

6. anac1979

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Awesome! Do you have any pics? :) I have been searching for soo long. lol

7. gardenmist216

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. anac1979

Feb 18, 2010
    FL
    Ooohhh...nice! i really like the lavender (?) ones...:) Do you have prices set up yet or will you not know til spring?

9. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

ohh pretty :)

10. gardenmist216

Jun 3, 2013
    The lavenders are not yet laying but , they will be by spring for sure. I have not made any concrete pricing yet. But I am keeping a list of people who want some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by