Blue Poultry

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KC n KY, Apr 9, 2011.

1. KC n KY

KC n KY Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grayson, KY
    I was wondering how much experience anyone had with bluepoultry.com. It is my understanding they are a mixture of Foleys,Pauls, and Sterling. I saw how cheap their prices were and was wondering whether or not anyone has any comments, concerns, etc. In the future I may have to introduce new blood, and this looked like a decent place to get it.
    Thanx [​IMG]

2. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    We bought from them and won't do it again...They sent a very high % of straight combs so those cheap prices are actually pretty expensive-try selling straight comb roosters.Lacing was so so-only 1 chick out of about 15 wasn't culled yet from my flock. I would say you get what you pay for but Paul sends lots of single combs and he's the most pricey
    We will be offering some eggs this year from our Foley stock but I plan to hatch most of them [​IMG]

3. KC n KY

KC n KY Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grayson, KY
    Thanx for the reply, I currently have 25 of foleys chicks in my garage, they are looking great. I really dont like the whole addition of single combs into wyandottes, so thanx for mentioning that. [​IMG]

4. slybird353

slybird353 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    Quote:Dear Holly,
    Not long ago you wrote to us "want to add more to my kids flock.When your only 5 and 7 you must be resourceful in how you make toy money and they chose the BLRW I promised to buy them some of the nicest stock I could
    Thanks,
    Holly"
    So you are now going to be selling eggs from your"kids flock" ? I hope it goes well for you and that no single combs hatch out.

You have not received birds from us so how could you possible have an opinion? Justin at blue poultry is awesome to deal with and does everything possible to offer her best. Keep picking away at them too and perhaps one day they might just have enough. Everyone who spends eight to ten dollars on a chick expects to have a top winning show bird. Maybe if you get lucky. Here's a tip. Breed one! You and all other forum members who have been talking negatively about us should be happy to know that we are backing out of selling poultry. The posts on this site can at times be hurtful and have definitely had an influence on our decision to cut back and quit selling to the general public. We will still have birds for our self but not nearly the varieties that we have been offering. I am sure that some are doing a victory jig and that's okay. When you have people (including a poultry judge) that do not even know you offering negative opinions of you and slandering your name it is time for us to back out. It is just not fun anymore! This will not in any way affect our auction site.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by