Blue rock eggs - 6 for $20, shipping included.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by halo, Sep 8, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Offering eggs from my blue rock roo and barred rock pullets. May be an egg from a blue pullet, but most of the eggs right now are from the barred girls. Fertility has been excellent. The first hatch was 5 out of 5 eggs (2 blacks, 3 blues). Have over 20 eggs in the incubator in various stages of development, and only 1 didnt develop. Have 6 eggs pipping right now. PM please if interested.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Kathy!!! Bad, Kathy, very bad! Tempting me like this, LOL. It's just not right! I can't start another breed variety, I just cant! [​IMG]

BTW, they are gorgeous!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    That bird is GORGEOUS!!!

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thanks. I just feel so lucky that I got him in my very first hatch. I think he's so special, that if I had to evacuate for a hurricane, Id grab my puppies and him, and hit the road!

And he does his job very well, Ive got a bunch of eggs in the incubator. But the oddest thing...I dont think he's breeding the splash hens. Ive gotten just a few eggs from them, but not a one has been fertile. For some reason he just don't like them white girls! Fortunately I have the back up roo that Ill put with them, and if not him, I have a splash roo growing out, that I hope is good enough to keep.

Isnt that peculiar?

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Did it take yours forever to get his tail feathers? If mine would ever get some it would improve his look a lot!!

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Absolutely forever. He still needs more, but he's only 6 months old, so Im hoping theres still room for growing.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's good to know. My oldest ones are almost 3 months and the younger ones almost 2 so they've got a ways to go yet.

I'd love to get these eggs, but the hubby about went thru the roof last night when he found out I had some chicks in the basement again and eggs in the bators. I was reminded that I had promised no chicks in the basement this winter.....I informed him it wasn't winter yet!! [​IMG]

8. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Your boy is gorgeous [​IMG] And I have some of his egglets in the bator [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  9. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    BUMP
    These eggs are very nice [​IMG]

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Gak! Im backed up for now, but I appreciate the bump.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by