1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Rock!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Domestic_goddess, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Is a blue rock a breed? or what do they have to breed together to get them?....I have some blue chicks I got from a breeder and thats what he said they were. I had never heard of such a breed. Here's a pic, tell me what you think.
    #1[​IMG]
    #2[​IMG]

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Anyone?

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Those feet look slate in color, so no, that's not a true blue Rock. A blue Rock is basically a Plymouth Rock with blue coloring. . . That chick there is likely some sort of mutt. You can do such basically by crossing a blue colored chicken with a black, white, lavender, or splash.

4. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Quote:Agreed with what Illia wrote, but ALSO Blue Rocks have reddish/yellowish eyes.
    Below is a pic of 2 Blue Rocks I had, note the eyes and legs and beak coloring.
    Nice chicks you have none the less Domestic. They look like they`ll grow to be some good looking birds for you. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by