Blue Rocks, Ameraucana Chicks @ 24 Days Old (pics)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Their first time on actual ground was today. It was sunny and fairly warm (about 60 degrees) so they got to go out for a bit. First pics are of Tiny, the little shrimp we didn't think would live since her sight is impaired a bit.

DCP_4691.jpg

DCP_4680.jpg

DCP_4681.jpg

Fern's Son with Dutch--he is looking for a new home
wink.png

DCP_4675.jpg

Blue and Barred Rocks:

DCP_4696.jpg

DCP_4695.jpg

DCP_4693.jpg

DCP_4682.jpg

Redheaded chick who is a BLRW x BBS Ameraucana (with a single comb, no less--you think girl or boy?)

DCP_4701.jpg

DCP_4690.jpg

Splash Ameraucana cockerel:

DCP_4705.jpg

DCP_4703.jpg

And the Wheaten or Blue Wheaten Ameraucana cockerel:

DCP_4700.jpg

DCP_4711.jpg

DCP_4678.jpg

DCP_4677.jpg

DCP_4710.jpg

Cynthia, they are darling! And Tiny looks fantastic, and not so darn tiny anymore. I think your little red head might be a roo- big legs???? And Scott's Splash roo and all the blue babies are really cute- looks like you had a great time outside!

SO CUTE! I think the Blue Wheaten looks BW. I have a Wheaten Amer. now about that age and his color is much more black. I LOVE the Blue Rocks, can't wait to see them grown up.

I love, love, LOVE the pics of the Barred Rocks. I've got 24 6 day olds, and I'm constantly looking for pictures of them at different stages, so I know what to expect. I'm a first timer
smile.png
Thanks for the great pics!

Pretty birds, even @ that in-between stage. They seem to enjoy the sunny day. I am totally in love with little shrimp. Can I be her crazy Auntie on the west coast?

That blue rock is gorgeous! I may have to get one or two of those, wait, I don't have any more room!!! Ahhh!

Back
Top Bottom