Blue silkie cockerel is gone.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, Aug 26, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I have a 10 week old blue silkie cockerel I need to find a home for. I will either sell him, or trade him for a silkie pullet around the same age. Please pm me if interested. I've just got too many younger chicks that he refuses to get along with...so it's either him, or my entire flock...no brainer! I will not ship him, so pickup is required.

[​IMG]

Well wouldn't you know it. I'm taking this guy to auction this morning, and I wake up to the sound of his first crows...so cute! Now take that!.. LOL all of you "roo skeptics" who didn't believe me! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I wish I was closer, I would take him.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

How can you tell he is a cockeral at 10 weeks?

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I was wondering that also. I have 2 silkie chicks around 3-4 months old and I still have no clue what they are. lol they are so hard to tell

5. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Are you kidding me? I've got a couple 5 month old blue chicks now that I STILL can't tell what they are. My best educated guess is that one is a cockeral, but there still isn't any comb to speak of...

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Quote:The person I bought him from sold him to me as a cockerel. Also, he has a very visible single comb. He's much more aggressive than the other, and seems to "guard" her from the other chicks.

7. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    He looks like a roo to me. I ended up with 3 out of 3. My black one looks just like him & crowed at 8 or 9 weeks!

8. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:If yall are good enough to tell a cockeral from a pullet at just 10 weeks, y'all are going to be rich! Thats the million dollar question.....

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Aren't silkies suppose to have a walnut comb? Do some silkies have single combs?

10. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:yes,some have single combs,very bad fault,I have one that was given to me and I am just waiting to see if its a hen or not,if it is I am planing on using her to incubate pheasant eggs for me,if its a roo,I will be giving him away as a pet..and no,I wont use her eggs to hatch if it is a her,at only 5 weeks I cannot tell yet,tho some of mine at 4 months I cannot tell..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by