Blue Silkie Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by destiny_56085, May 4, 2011.

1. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    3-4 month old blue silkie cockerel. Wingband #141. This boy has possible show potential. He is going to be huge!!! Very tall and large bone structure already. He's going to be that perfect medium shade of andalusian blue with lighter body and darker hackles and saddle. Toe spacing is absolutely perfect with all nails present. Massive toe feathering all the way to the 5th. Skin color is totally black. Hardly anything there for a comb yet. His crest is full of pinfeathers and should be huge. He is out of a splash cock and black hen from my show string last fall. I'd have no problem putting him back in my growout pen if he doesn't get sold.

Shipping and a new Horizon box will be a set $65 with a new Horizon box. If you win more of my auctions, I can combine shipping. I accept Paypal, check, or MO. I will ship after payment is received and weather is permissible on both ends. I am NPIP #1058, MN Hatchery Permit #10504 and am tested for PT only. AI testing is not required here in MN. If your state requires additional testing or a CVI, then we can work something out. I don't vaccinate for Mareks, Coryza, etc. I do use Frontline & Ivermectin on my birds though. Birds will be bathed and beaks/nails clipped before shipping.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    And yet another cutie! Your killing me with these little guies! Very pretty!

3. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Does he have any hard feathers in his tail?

4. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    [​IMG] Boy is he nice...

5. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Nothing there so far. He's just a baby though and hasn't even gotten any streamers out of his crest yet. Judging by the rest of my birds, he needs another 7-10 months to fully finish out though. I have a whole pen of these young blues this year and most are a bit younger. [​IMG] How many cockerels does a person need though?

Here's another shot that shows the cushion better....

[​IMG]

Feel free to browse any of my pics: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/destiny_56085/
    Current
    pics for these auctions are on the main page. Look over and scroll down on the right hand and I have the rest organized into categories.... my growout pens from the last 5 years, show pics, pics from my breeder pens, birds I've sold to people, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by