1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Silkie with Streaks?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Kaelinstorm, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    These just started appearing about a week or two ago. (I forget his age but I want to say he is about 17-18 weeks - Oh and Im guessing on the "he" part). He seems to have a larger comb and waddles and the mohawk looking poof. My younger ones (9-10 weeks) have smaller combs/waddles than he did at their age and their poofs are more... well poofy LOL But Sinatra sits on the babies like "he" is a hen Haha

Anyway, there seems to be buff streaks growing out on "his" neck. Is this a form of colour leakage? Or is it normal in say a roo (if he is - no eggs or crowing yet) Its pretty anyway. No I dont plan on showing him I just like to be informed about my animals. Thanks [​IMG]

Heres Sinatra:
    [​IMG]

2. Josie360

Josie360 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Central Texas
    It looks like gold leakage to me:)

3. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Thats what I was thinking. This is just a colour "disorder" right its not some kind of indication of being mixed right? Sorry Im new with the purebreds. Normally I just picked out straight runs from mixed bins at TSC and local feed stores - bought on cuteness and egg layability (Haha if thats a word LOL) These are the first ones I bought specifically for the awesomeness of their breed.

4. Fiddlehead

Fiddlehead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Western Mass
    Yep, leakage in the hackles. I had a few birds with leakage, I wasn't happy : (

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by