1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Silkies - 5 mo. old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EM Squared Farms, Sep 22, 2011.

1. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    $10 box fee for USPS approved chicken shipping box
    ~$30.00 estimated shipping charge
    We'll square up the difference afterwards

Check out the website for more pics !

We will be breeding splash and black silkies in the near future (some have vaulted skulls and very fluffy crests !)

Thanks ~

2. wmsmith09

wmsmith09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    Is this for males or females?

3. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:Both.

Most of the pullets are sold and believe it or not, there is a line of customers for the pullets. We are waiting on some to grow up and determine if they are pullets or cockerels.

These are the last of the blues.

If you like the black or splash ones, we will be breeding more when they start laying in another month or so. Some of our Ameraucana pullets are now hens (started to lay) and the Ameraucanas and Silkies had both hatched out in April. But unfortunately they are not in isolated pens yet. So, after they start laying, t hen are isolated for a month in their own pens, we can start incubating eggs.

You can always monitor what's going on with chickie rearing on the Purebred Show Chickens page.

It seems the Silkies are very highly desired among the local customers around here. Not surprising considering how cute and fluffy they are !! People just love them.

Thanks for your interest !!

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Are you selling as straight run? Or sexed?

5. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Quote:Does that rooster pictured have silver leakage in his hackles? Do your silkies have any faults?

6. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I've been looking for a pair of silkies, just like yours. Do you know if they're boys or girls? Are they show quality?

7. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:They are definitely sexed. No pullets left. Sorry.

Only cockerels.

8. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:Does that rooster pictured have silver leakage in his hackles? Do your silkies have any faults?

Yes, unfortunately that was one chickie we bought from another breeder at a show back in March. He has very good form (very cute puffy round tail). And yes, his hackels are not blue but more tan. Also on his wingtips he has some brownish red feathers.

He's just one of many cockerels we have.

If you want, we can go out and photograph each one more clearly.

One other blue silkie cockerel also has the brownish wing tips (wonder if that one fathered that chick ?)

The others are all nice and uniform blue color. Just those 2 have some funny color variation.

Just say the word and we'll update the website with new pics since you can't come over and see them in person.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by