Blue Slate Tom needs new home in California!

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by charmedbaker, Oct 27, 2015.

1. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello BYC!
    I have a sort of emergency. I have a turkey (blue slate tom, 6 months old) that I have raised as a pet. He is friendly, funny and smarter than I thought turkeys would be and I need to find him a new home.

He has gotten so big he is intimidating my 6 chickens. I am looking for a good home for him. He is so trusting and innocent, I'd feel like I betrayed him if he went to some strange place to be dinner. I think he would make a good breeder and a very entertaining friend.

Is there anyone out there interested in adopting Charlie to be a favorite pet? Please let me know as soon as possible because DH is getting ready to call the butcher. Thank you!!

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chicken Obsessed

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Sure is a handsome tom.. Sorry I cant adopt him for more than 2 reasons, Distance as one of them . How much does he tip the scale ? Looks huge. Are they fully grown at 6 months ?
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    My Coop
    Beautiful tom! Unfortunately, I can't take him. Hope someone else can.
  4. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

he is over 15 but I haven't weighed him his is 6 months and I don't know if he is full grown!
  5. chickenturner

chickenturner Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2015
    Man he is awesome looking. Sorry I'm in NJ but wish I was closer. Good luck finding him a home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by