Blue slate turkey eggs Wanted

jkcove08

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Iowa
I live in Iowa and will be wanting to hatch a bunch of Blue slate turkey eggs. I just love them and have only 1 pair. I am pretty sure this pair is actually a cross with BR since both my hen and tom have redish coloring in thier tails. That is fine also. I just want to put the word out that I am looking for eggs since it is getting close to laying time for some of you in the southern states. Blue slates crossed with BR or RP are also welcome. Please send me a message on price per dozen or less. I will be looking for about 3 to 4 dozen eggs all together since it is a little more difficult to hatch turkeys. Thanks everyone, Jenn

Hey...can you post a pic of the pair you have? It almost sounds like you have lilacs!

I have blue slates/self blues. I'm not sure yet what will happen when I cross the two..but I'm going to find out. I have two self blue hens, one black blue slate and my tom is splash blue slate. I'll be selling some of the eggs when they start to lay.

Stacy

Here is a couple pics of my pair. The one on the left is my hen and the bluer one on the right in my tom. I will have to get new pics later and post those. Jenn
036-3.jpg

037-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a trio of Blue slate soon as they start laying I'll let ya'll know. I also have a blue slate/Royal palm tom with royal palm hens.

Last edited:
I would like to see a new pic of them. I'm still leaning towards lilacs. Pretty birds either way! They look happy with their green grass (something I miss!).

Stacy

LOL, ya they were pretty happy with thier green grass. They are not so happy right now with a foot of snow. I keep putting them in the barn but when I let them out to get some fresh air they keep going back to the goose pen. I give up. Maybe tomorrow I can get a pic without freezing my buns off. Jenn

big_smile.png
Yes, definately wait till you have no risk of bun freezing!
I don't blame them for not wanting to walk in the snow though! BRR!! We got about a whole ...inch... maybe? It lasted a whopping few hours then started to melt. The last few days we've been cleaning out the chicken tractors and chicken barn and community yard and rehaying everyone. They are good to go for another couple of weeks at least now and my garden is a few inches higher in hay/poopy!
I wish you luck with the snow!

Stacy

Back
Top Bottom