1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue something-or-other?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DaveyFig, Aug 3, 2013.

1. DaveyFig

DaveyFig New Egg

Jul 18, 2013
    I picked this pair up with the intention of practicing dubbing for my daughter's Old English game bantams when the time comes down the road in a few months. The more I watch them, the more I like them and do not want to dub this guy if he is a breed that is not supposed to be dubbed. I brought them home in the carrier, and thought I should take pics before I placed them in their new home, because I figured it would be hard to get pics again, and I was right. I have done some searching, and have not found anything that matches color wise, so I am assuming they are a mix of something, but would love to hear what others think. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    My first thought was lemon blue oegb, but after seeing the leg color, thought self blue Dutch..except I'm not distinguishing white earlobes. Maybe some combination. ? Assuming they're bantams.
    ETA: They're gorgeous. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  3. DaveyFig

DaveyFig New Egg

Jul 18, 2013
    Thanks for the response! Yeah...no white earlobes. The legs are the color of the self blue OEGB, but he has a lot of yellow. Yeah they are bantams, on the large side of big Old English.

4. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Dutch is out then, with the earlobes and size. Back to lemon blue oegb or some mix of it, best guess.

5. DaveyFig

DaveyFig New Egg

Jul 18, 2013
    Yeah. That is pretty much my thought too.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that they are a mix of OEG and Dutch Bantams. They have blue legs, but red earlobes, so they can't be a pure breed.

7. DaveyFig

DaveyFig New Egg

Jul 18, 2013
    Thanks for the input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by