Blue (splash) Andalusian, maybe?? Male or female?

Mystery Chick

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Hi, I'm still trying to ID my rare "mystery" chick from McMurray hatchery, and I've been looking up pictures of the chickens they have on their rare breed list. I found pics of the "Splash" colored blue andalusians and they look alot like my chick. Here are some new pictures of him/her at almost 6 weeks...
mysterychick4.jpg

mysterychick2.jpg

mysterychick6.jpg

mysterychick5.jpg

mysterychick3.jpg

mysterychick7.jpg

mysterychick.jpg

Any idea if it's a roo or a pullet?? Thanks!

I hope it is a hen
smile.png
that would be better! Any ideas on the breed? It looks alot like the pics of blue-splash andalusian chicks that I've found... Is anyone familiar with those?

Andalusians typically have black faces and whiteish ears. Also they tend to have some black splashes on them.

There are a couple pictures of splash andalutians on this page that are almost completely white-http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Andal/BRKAndalusians.html
And it doesn't show up that well in the pics, but it does have some dark feathers mixed in with the white (you can see a dark feather in the tail in the first pic). I'm not really sure about the earlobe color. It looks like a really pale pink to white to me. Any ideas what else it might be?​

Back
Top Bottom