Blue / splash clean-faced Easter Eggers (blue / green eggers)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Hi! I'm about to move some blue clean-faced (non-bearded/muffed) blue/green egg laying girls into a pen with a splash naked neck (from a blue egg) roo.

The chicks should be 50% blue and 50% splash,
    50% naked neck, 50% feather neck, and
    100% blue / green layers.

I have 8 clean-faced blue hens that I could move, but if no one but me is interested, I'll just move a couple for my hatching.

Anyone want blue / splash, naked neck , blue/green eggers?

Lisa

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Mmmm interesting and tempting. Today's 60deg weather has me wanting to hatch, but alas it will be back in the 20's by this weekend. [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Pretty......... Splash blue egg layer would be awesome!!!!

(no bator here) but I'd love to see em!!!

4. Hi Angie,
    I haven't moved the birds yet. I just built a couple of new coops and runs and was pondering what crosses are doable in smaller space( my breeding) and what I'll give a full run.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

5. Dunnie's Mom

Dunnie's Mom New Egg

Jan 8, 2008
    I am new and was just reading posts on blue egg layers to try and find out how hard it was to find one;-) Do you sell the eggs to hatch or the chicks? Only locally or to people online too?

I'm not too excited about the naked neck part but the colors sound like they will come out really pretty.

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Lisa,

Do they have red necks, or dark necks? Im not a fan of the dark necks.

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    she does sell eggs and also pure amerucans not just naked neaks so you could probably get some sometime from her other on here also have amerucanas or blue egg layers.

Henry

8. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Lisa, I'd try some, just to experiment! You're finally doing it! [​IMG] LOL But I have to wait till it warms up here.

9. These will be red-skinned (I'm still working on the giant dark-skinned naked necks, but that's another project [​IMG]
    The blue blue/green egger hens are too cute and living in the Barred Rock pen right now.
    They need a *purpose* and I need to do something with the red-skinned splash Naked Neck roo (I knew I kept him for something, I wasn't sure *what*).

What's better than making more blue/splash Naked Neck blue/green eggers [​IMG]

Hi DunniesMom! I know, Naked Necks aren't appealing to everyone [​IMG]
    I'll have Ameraucana chicks hatching nearly every week if you're close enough to pick them up --- yesterdays hatch was 6 blues and 2 blacks.
    Eggs for hatching, I can ship.

Le'see, if I move the hens today, they'll be clean by the 2/1 (I might need another incubator).
    Cool Carole, you and Angie can be the 'testers'. Think it will be warm enough by then, hahaha! The Jersey Giant x NN eggs should be popping any day now. Cross your fingers for dark skin and naked necks!

Lisa

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  10. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    Dipsy Doodle Doo,

Are your pure blue/black/splash ameraucanas laying now. I am still interested in some hatching eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by