Blue Splash Marans? Anyone have pics of chicks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wolftracks, Feb 23, 2011.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I'm in the middle of a hatch and I have two chicks that don't look like CMs or BCMs. Does anyone have pics of their blue splash chicks? I only have my cell phone for pics and they always come out so bad. I'm just really curious............and a little excited. [​IMG]

2. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    no pics but they look like any other splash chick...can be a yellow color to a grayish the splash color doesn't come in until later.What colors are the breeder bird that will tell you what you can hatch.It's not unheard of for a wheaten to hatch from some black copper lines.
    Black x Black=100% black
    Black x Blue=50/50 black and blue
    Black x Splash=100% blue
    Blue x Blue 50% blue 25% splash 25% black

3. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    3 Splash Copper Marans chicks.

[​IMG]

and 1 Blue Copper Marans, 1 Black Copper Marans (chick bottom right front...sorry mispoke when I originally posted and said it was blue..I thought I had posted a photo of 2 Blue Coppers [​IMG]) and a Splash Copper Marans chick.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Thanks for the pics!

Ah... I think they're blue.

I don't know the parenting. I won a raffle at the show in Stockton, California and got a dozen Marans eggs throught the Marans club.

I have a ton of Cuckoos that I got from Lotsapaints and since I have only ever own Cuckoo hens I may be seeing cockerels, but have never seen the difference as day olds. I remember as day olds out pullets looked like penguins. LOL

Still have pips showing up in there. I'm going to take some picks in a while after I pull out the two that are drying and get them in one spot. Problem is my cell doesn't get the colors close enough. Tried to take a pick of our first green egg from chicks we hatched out in April yesterday and it looks white, so kind of disappointing.

Would be great if some of these are blue though [​IMG]

5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]thes are all blu splash maran

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by