Blue splash OEGB?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shelleyd2008, Oct 25, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Is there such a thing? I am pretty sure that's what my little hen is.

[​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Yes there is. and she is. usually their called "splashes" pretty hen

-Daniel

3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Any idea where I could find a roo for her? Or anyone that has hatching eggs? I have never seen any chicks/eggs labeled splash from hatcheries.

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Any idea where I could find a roo for her? Or anyone that has hatching eggs? I have never seen any chicks/eggs labeled splash from hatcheries.

Ideal has Splash OEGBs i believe. if you go on eggbid.. CHOICE (Gregg) Sells Splash. Blues.. blacks.. Silver duckwings etc. he usually sells trios (And their kind of pricey for most). About.. 75 each. 40-50 for shipping. BUT he has show qaulity ones.

-Daniel

PS. May also try ebay or something. its possible they'll have eggs.. if you choose to purchase from Gregg he usually sells over at Ovabid.com now.

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yes, she is a splash. You can breed her with a blue, black, or splash male (but you shouldn't breed splash x splash for too many generations, as it washes out the splash).

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    So which color would be better to breed with splash? I have a blue splash roo, but he's not OEGB. they have all blue splash babies, but the babies are darker than the parents. So would blue or black be better? And is self blue the same as blue?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by