Blue & Splash Orp and Delaware Chicks..1 Wk Old (PICS ADDED 7-26)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
First, I'm very excited! My lone Splash Orpington from the blue Orp hatch has a tail! A tail! At a week old, you Orp breeders know what that usually means this early....dare I say it? PULLET! Please let it be so! Here are some pics of the week old babies. SHE is in the background of the first picture below in the brooder. My boys never have tails at this age, never. In the second pic, the light blue Orp is the little critter who crowed. Like I didnt know that was a boy already, huh?
DCP_0778.jpg

DCP_0775.jpg

DCP_0773.jpg

DCP_0769.jpg

DCP_0767.jpg

DCP_0777.jpg

I know this is very grainy, but this is the splash baby I'm hoping is my pullet, at long last.
DCP_0780.jpg

Last edited:
They are very alert and curious and explore with their beaks alot, but its curiosity rather than aggression. Heck at this age, they are all just adorable, even my first bunch was fine in the brooder. These are so beautiful and chubby and I love watching the black come in on their wings. So far, so good! I'm betting these will be a good representation of what Delawares are supposed to be.

Awww!!! I love baby chicks!! I really really hope I can talk my husband and mother-in-law to let me order some chicks from Ideal. I want to get a couple Buff laced Polish and a couple Silkies! The rest will be Black Giants and RIRs just enough to make the $20 minimum. I am overly loving my chicks we have right now! So fun watching them grow!
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom